The tenant will be liable to cover costs for damages in the accommodation caused by neglect or on purpose. It is important to have an adequate home insurance as damages and repairs can amount to considerable costs.

It is the tenant’s responsibility to have adequate Insurance and it is advisable to check your insurances before travelling to Sweden and make sure that you are protected.

All formal exchange students and fee-paying master students studying at Uppsala University are covered by an insurance through Kammarkollegiet (the Legal, Financial and Administrative Service Agency) called StudentIN. Check with your coordinator at Uppsala University or Kammarkollegiet if you are included in this insurance and what it covers.

If you do not have any other Insurance, the Student Union (Övre Slottsgatan 7) may assist you in arranging insurance for a reasonable price.


Share This