Uppsala University Housing Office


How do I pay my rent?

1. Each month you will receive an e-mail from Uppsala University Housing Office saying you have a new invoice.

2. Log in to your account on My pages. Under “Invoices” you will find all your invoices. To pay, click on “Pay Now” and you will be redirected to our secured payment solution where you fill in your card information and make your payment.

3. The money will be withdrawn from your account and transferred to our account.


NOTE: We only accept VISA and MasterCard payments, so please make sure that you have a VISA or MasterCard before you arrive in Uppsala.
If you cannot pay your invoice via credit card online or bank transfer – we accept card payments in our reception at Kungsgatan 27.

Transfer from Swedish bank account
We recommend that you contact a bank to apply for a Swedish internet bank account. In order to open a bank account some banks may require you to have a civil registration number (personnummer). Bring your passport and your letter of admission to Uppsala University to the bank when applying.

International Transfer
If you prefer to use your bank account from home you can make an international transfer. Conditions for transferring money from foreign banks vary, so you should inquire about this at your bank to avoid unnecessary extra costs.

Payment details
Always add your invoice number when making a payment, so we can identify your payment.
Bankgiro: 5760-4357
Receiver of payment:
Akademihotellet AB
Uppsala University Housing Office
Övre Slottsgatan 5
SE-75310 UPPSALA, Sweden
VAT number: SE556691621801
Bank: Handelsbanken
Bank Address: SE-106 70 Stockholm, Sweden
IBAN:SE20 6000 0000 0000 4972 3448

When do I receive my invoice?

Rents in Sweden are paid on a monthly basis and in advance. For example: The September rent must be paid at the end of August (always check the Due date on your invoice). It is not possible to pay rent per day.

Rental invoices are usually sent to your account on My Pages about two weeks before the due date of the invoice.

Where can I find my invoice?

You can find all your invoices on your account on My Pages.

What period do I have to pay rent for?

You are liable to pay rent for the whole rental period stated in your contract regardless of your actual arrival or departure date. For example: if your contract starts on August 1st but you are delayed and do not arrive in Sweden until September 3rd, you must still pay rent for the month of August.

If you cancel your contract, rent must be paid for the notice period.

There is a twelve-month yearly rent, and there are no rent-free months.

Can I find my receipt on My Pages?

Yes, you can find your receipts under “invoices”.

Why can’t I see that my invoice is paid on My Pages?

You can see your online payments immediately. If you have paid by bank transfer it usually takes a few days before it is updated on My Pages.

Can I pay with cash?

Cash payments in Sweden are disappearing. We advise you to plan your stay ahead and bring a debit/credit card with you. For some time now, we have been completely cashless and have no possibility of accepting cash payments for your invoices.

I can’t pay my invoice on My Pages, why?

If you are experiencing problems with your payment, or your payment gets declined, it may be due to one of the following reasons:

  • The web browser you are using is not approved.
  • The card you are using is not a VISA or Mastercard – Try another card or visit our reception during our opening hours.
  • There are insufficient funds in the account.
  • The card you are using has expired.
  • The card is not open for purchases online or abroad.
  • The payment amount exceeds the approved limit for purchases.

If you are experiencing any of the four last difficulties above, please contact your bank.

What happens if I don’t pay on time?

You will receive invoice reminders when you have unpaid rents, and a late fee will be charged. If the debt remains – legal measures will be taken.

Is there a deposit to be paid?

No, you are not expected to pay a deposit in our guest researcher accommodations.


When can I apply?

You can apply as soon as your stay at Uppsala is confirmed. When you apply for a guest researcher apartment you are registered in our queue. To stay active in our queue you must update your application every three months. You can easily update the application on My Pages and you will be notified when it’s time to renew the application.

How do I apply?

You apply by registering an account on My Pages and then filling in an application.

Am I eligible to apply for guest researcher accommodation?

Our guest researcher accommodations are reserved exclusively to international guest researchers, staff, PhD’s or other persons with similar assignments at Uppsala University. Unfortunately the demand for housing is very high and therefore there is no guarantee that we will be able to offer accommodation to all.

Master thesis writers, interns or researchers at SLU are not eligible to apply for guest researcher accommodation through our office but are all welcome to request a student accommodation vacancy contract.

What happens after I have applied?

When we have received your application you will be placed on our waiting list. As soon as we have an apartment available, a housing offer will be sent to you via My Pages, and you will be notified via email. You need to renew your application every 3 month in order to stay on our waiting list. You do so via My Pages, and you will be notified when it’s time to renew the application. Your application will be automatically removed from our waiting list if we haven’t heard from you again 3 month after you first applied or your latest renewal.

How can I make changes in my application?

Please send us an email to researcher@housingoffice.se with the changes that you prefer to make to your application.

Can I ask for a specific housing area?

Please send us an email with your area preferences. If possible, we will meet your request.

How many housing offers can I receive?

We can send two (2) offers per guest researcher, so please evaluate the offers carefully.

Are pets allowed in the accommodations?

Unfortunately, pets are not allowed in our accommodations.

Can I ask for specific number of bedrooms?

Please send us an email to researcher@housingoffice.se with your preferences. If possible, we will meet your request.

For how long can I stay?

Maximum contract period is 2 years in our guest researcher apartments.

If you have stayed with us several times or switched apartments, it is the total occupation time that counts.

I have tried to register on My Pages, but it says that I already have an account. Why?

Most likely you have an old account registered on My Pages. Please send an email to researcher@housingoffice.se and we will help you to deactivate the old account.

When will I receive a housing offer?

We cannot guarantee that you will receive a housing offer from us. It depends on availability for the period you are applying for and the type of apartment that is suitable for you. We try to send out housing offers well in advance but sometimes we need to send an offer on short notice because an apartment has become unexpectantly available.

Before arrival

What needs to be done prior to my arrival?

You need a valid passport/ID to be able to collect your keys
We recommend that you get a home insurance
Read your arrival information on My Pages

What do I do if my Residence permit is delayed?

Contact us as soon as possible via email and we will do our best to help guide you to avoid unneccessary costs.

Do I need a home insurance?

Uppsala Univerity Housing Office has an insurance for the apartment regarding fire, break in or other damages. Personal belongings are not covered by this insurance, neither is health care.

Please make sure that you have a proper insurance for your stay.

Where do I collect my keys?

Information about where to collect your keys are stated in your arrival information available on My Pages.

Is the apartment furnished?

Yes, all our apartments are furnished

Can I bring my own furniture?

Yes, as long as they are removed from the apartment when you move out.

Will I have a separate storage unit?

This is depending on housing area, please consult your housing guide for further information.

Do you offer parking?

We have a few parking spots on a few adresses, contact us if you are interested in parking and we will check the availability.

Can I cancel my accommodation before the contract starts?

Yes, cancellations more than one month before the contract starts can be done without any cost. Cancellations less than one month before the contract starts are charged one months’ rent.

Can someone else collect my keys?

Yes, send an email to Housing Office with information about who is allowed to collect the keys in your place. That person also needs to bring a valid passport/ID.

During my stay

Can I change apartment during my stay?

If you for any reason want/need to move to another apartment – please contact the Uppsala University Housing Office to find out what may be available.

We cannot guarantee that a change of apartment will be possible, and we will prioritize new tenants before apartment changes.

An apartment change will attract an administrative fee of 500 SEK.

How do I report a problem in my accommodation?

How to make a fault report depends on the residential area you are staying at and what the problem is. Check your housing guide or under section ‘My Housing’ on ‘My Pages’ for detailed information.

My Internet Doesn’t work, what should I do?

You need to contact the internet supliers technical support if you cannot get the connection working. Check ‘My Pages’ or your housing guide for correct contact information.

I lost my key, what do I do?

It is very important to report any lost keys as soon as possible to the right office. Check the information on ‘My Pages’ for specific information for your residential area on where to report your lost key.

Where do I find more information about my accommodation?

We have information about our accommodation here on our website, on your account on ‘My Pages’ and in our housing guide. If you have more questions, you are welcome to send us an e-mail to researcher@housingoffice.se.

Why do I need to sort my waste?

In Sweden all households are obligated to sort their waste properly. This is an important part of the environmental policy in Sweden.

Can I end my contract earlier?

As is written in your contract, you can terminate your contract early but there is a notice period to take into account. In our Guest researcher accommodation the notice period is two full calendar months. For example, If you would like to cancel by April 30th you have to inform us on February 28th at the very latest. If you send us the termination request from March 1st or later, you will also be liable to pay rent for the month of May. Send your request for termination to researcher@housingoffice.se.

Can I extend my contract?

Request for an extension of the contract needs to be made three full calendar months before the end of the current contract without notification from the landlord. Please note that sometimes an apartment is only rented out for a short period of time due to limited availability and in this case an extension is not possible.

The maximum length of stay for guest researchers is two years, counting the total occupation time.

Moving out

Where do I return my keys?

The UUHO reception does not handle keys to all of our residential areas. Please check the information on ‘My Pages’ for updated information on where your keys should be returned.

When should I return my keys?

Your keys have to be returned by 11:00 on the last day of your contract. Not returning your keys in time may result in extra costs for the tenant.

Should I clean the apartment before I leave?

Your rented apartment must be thoroughly cleaned before returning it at the end of your contract.

Can I stay one extra night?

Normally a new tenant is scheduled to move in on the day after the end of your contract. Therefore, we cannot allow you to stay in the rented apartment after 11 am on the last day of your contract.