Uppsala Akademiförvaltning has started the construction of a completely new cinema in the city center of Uppsala. After many years of planning, a modern, cohesive new Filmstaden is now being constructed in the corner of Klostergatan / Dragarbrunnsgatan.
In addition to the new cinema, restaurants and other services are also planned in the neighborhood and the existing garage with about 300 parking lots will also be renovated.
The first part of the project, consist of demolishing the current building to enable the construction of a new building.
The estimated time for the opening of the cinema is spring / summer 2024.
Information to tenants
To enable the construction of the new cinema, the current building around Klostergatan 10 and some parts of the courtyard have to be demolished. This will be performed in a very professional and safe manner.
For this reason the courtyard will be closed from July 12 and fences will be set up around the construction site. Fences will also be set up around the courtyard, towards parts of Dragarbrunnsgatan, Klostergatan and S:t Olofsgatan. For your and others’ safety you are not allowed to enter areas which are blocked by fences.
They work weekdays from 7am to 7pm. Demolishing and construction work will be performed between 8am to 6pm and noise and disturbances will be minimized as much as possible.
We will keep you updated along the way.
Information from the construction team about upcoming/ongoing projects
- Week 28: There will be evening and early night-work. There might be some level of noise.
- The gym will be closed until further notice.
- All week-days there will be normal demolition going on, high level of noises may occur.
Preliminary schedule for summer and the fallsemester 2022:
(Please note that this is only preliminary dates and might change. Updated on 2022-07-08)
Work described below will most likely cause noises in different levels and different times of the day.
- The entrance on Dragarbrunnsgatan will be closed and can only be used as an emergency exit. Right now we dont have an exact date for when this will happen.
- Establishment of a tower crane (outside) – This will be going on from middle of May until middle of June.
- Montage of the foundation – This work will start in the beginning of June and go on until November at the earliest.
- Garage will be closed until November at the earliest.
- Waterdrilling in the garage with a compressor at street level – This will start January 31st and go on until approximately to the end of July.
- Demolition with a machine called “Brokk” – This work will start in middle of May and go on until middle of June.
- Montage of pillars with a mobile crane (outside) – This will be going on approximately for the whole month of June.
- Rise of frame – Steel and concrete – From middle of June to the end of October.
- Renovation of garage – From beginning of August until January 2023.
Frequently asked questions about the project:
I have noticed cracks on the walls in my room. What shall I do and can it be dangerous?
We have received information and photos of cracks from some of you. This type of information is immediately forwarded to the site’s project organisation. A design engineer hired by the site takes part in the assessment and monitoring of cracks that appear and all reported cracks have been deemed safe. Necessary repairs of cracks will be made, but it is not planned exactly when yet. Please report new cracks to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We sincerely thank you for your cooperation and understanding!